As Performance Management Specialists we assist you to answer key management questions on performance across the enterprise:
- How is the external & internal environment changing and how will it affect us?
- How are we performing in comparison to our strategic objectives?
- How can we formulate our strategic objectives in measurable targets?
- How do we align the strategy of the business units with corporate strategy?
- How do we align the strategy of the supporting units with business and corporate strategies?
- How do we align employee-objectives and incentives with business unit and corporate objectives?
You will enhance the accuracy of your firm’s performance measurement, improve your cost-related decisions-making expertise, and better plan and control your costs, which is crucial in period of
high uncertainty. Our approach is based on academic and professional expertise:
Cost management techniques:
- Traditional cost allocation
- Cost of goods sold and services delivered (COGS)
- Sales, general & administrative costs (SG&A)
- Product cost life cycle
- Activity-based management (ABM)
- Activity-based costing (ABC) and time-driven ABC (TD-ABC)
- Target costing
- Kaizen costing
- Total cost of ownership (TCO)
Strategic cost management:
- Linking business strategy to cost management
- Business process re-engineering (BPR)
- Just-in-time (JIT)
- Special selling price decisions
- Product-mix decisions under capacity constraints
- Decisions on replacement of equipment
- Outsourcing (make-or-buy) decisions
- Discontinuation decisions
The Strategy-enabling organisation: to make the transition from an operations-supporting to a strategy-enabling organisation it is imperative that fact-driven management systems
and governance mechanisms are put in place to implement corporate strategy.
It is largely the role of the performance management or management controlling system to monitor, analyse and forecast organisational performance in executing strategy as well as changes in the
The performance management role can therefore be related to corporate strategy on two levels:
- The strategy formulation level: at the strategy formulation level its aim is to provide companies with the conceptual frameworks and tools to analyse the strategic environment, formulate the
strategic direction and to develop strategic plans.
- The strategy & business unit operations alignment level: at the alignment level, it provides managers with the tools to translate the strategic plans into measurable operational goals for
the organisation and to monitor regularly whether these operational goals are in line with the strategic direction.
Always approaching performance management from the mindset of the strategy-enabling organisation, SEED Advisory's experts assist you in the design, implementation and improvement
of end-to-end processes for leadership & management, controlling, reporting, budgeting & forecasting activities.